System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 assesses, deploys, and updates servers, client computers, and devices-across physical, virtual, distributed, and mobile environments and optimized for gaining enhanced control over IT systems. Used globally for configuration management by more enterprises than any other solution – System Center Configuration Manager intelligently automates IT systems management to reduce costs and to help organizations manage their global infrastructures more quickly and more precisely to improve visibility and control.
System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 uniquely enables customers to reduce the cost of data center management across server operating systems and hypervisors through a single, familiar and easy to use interface. Through numerous views that show state, health and performance information as well as alerts generated according to some availability, performance, configuration or security situation being identified, operators can gain rapid insight into the state of the IT environment, and the IT services running across different systems and workloads.
By extending the value that existing Operations Manager customers already see in managing their Windows Server deployed applications to UNIX and Linux, customers are also able to better meet their service level agreements for applications in the data center.
With Operations Manager 2007 R2 customers are also able to improve their availability and performance metrics through enhanced service level monitoring, while their IT operations staff will be able to have improved access the key functionality they need to maintain and enhance the service they deliver to their end users.
Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 helps enable centralized management of physical and virtual IT infrastructure, increased server utilization, and dynamic resource optimization across multiple virtualization platforms. It includes end-to-end capabilities such as planning, deploying, managing, and optimizing the virtual infrastructure.
• Centrally creates and manages virtual machines across the entire datacenter
• Easily consolidates multiple physical servers onto virtual hosts
• Rapidly provisions and optimizes new and existing virtual machines
• Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO) enables the dynamic management of virtual resources through management packs that are PRO enabled.
System Center Essentials 2010 (Essentials 2010) is a new management solution in the System Center family of IT systems management products specifically designed for midsized businesses.
• Provides a unified solution with a single console for managing a broad range of tasks across your physical and virtual servers, clients, hardware, software, and IT services for a unified experience.
• Enables you to proactively manage your IT environment, helping keep your system up-to-date with a solution that accelerates problem resolution and enables automation of system updates and data collection.
• Is easy to deploy and maintain helping simplify complex management tasks for increased IT efficiency.
• Microsoft built Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 technology right into the product, so that Essentials 2010 provides a single console and management solution for managing both your physical and virtual servers. This includes support for converting physical servers to virtual machines and support for live migration.
• The console has a new look and feel making it easier than ever to quickly check the health of your IT environment and address any issues.
• Installation, Group Policy checks and configuration are even easier with checks for prerequisites during installation and for proper configuration.
System Center Service Manager 2010, a new addition to the System Center suite of products, delivers an integrated platform for automating and adapting IT Service Management best practices to your organization’s requirements.
Service Manager provides built-in processes based on industry best practices for incident and problem resolution, change control, and asset lifecycle management. Through its configuration management database (CMDB) and process integration, Service Manager automatically connects knowledge and information from System Center Operations Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, and Active Directory Domain Services.
Opalis is an automation platform for orchestrating and integrating IT tools to drive down the cost of datacenter operations, while improving the reliability of IT processes. It enables IT organizations to automate best practices, and this is achieved through workflow processes that coordinate System Center and other management tools to automate incident response, change and compliance, and service-lifecycle management processes.
Through its workflow designer, Opalis automatically shares data and initiates tasks in System Center Operations Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Service Manager, Virtual Machine Manager, Active Directory and 3rd party tools. Opalis workflow automates IT infrastructure tasks, while System Center Service Manager workflow provides automation of human workflow. The combined offering ensures repeatable, consistent results by removing the latency associated with manual coordination service delivery. System Center and Opalis enable integration, efficiency, and business alignment of the datacenter IT services by:
Automating cross-silo processes and enforcing best practices for incident, change, and service lifecycle management.
Reducing unanticipated errors and service delivery time by automating tasks across vendor and organization silos.
Integrating System Center with non-Microsoft tools to enable interoperability across the datacenter.
Orchestrating tasks across systems for consistent, documented, compliant activity.
The Opalis Difference
The Opalis automation platform is comprised of unique data bus and intelligent workflow capabilities, which enable script-free integration and orchestration to automate context adaptive processes. This provides the flexibility required to leverage existing customer IT investments, apply and enable rapid implementation, and quick return on investment!
Unbiased Connectivity—works across Microsoft and non-Microsoft tools, no rip and replace or vendor lock-in.
1-Click Integration Data Bus—pass data between target systems without code, scripts, or variables.
Intelligent Workflow—create context-adaptive workflows that change and branch based on real-time data.
Script-Code Free Automation—Integrate and orchestrate systems without fragile, hardcoded scripts.
Companies need to understand what their actual requirements are and what each and every products can do. So that they can get the mazimum output from the System Center. Because every product is similar to each other and have some unique features. This is going to be the future of Windows System Administrators and provides vital control over the network and systems